Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Scare


Monday night, I went to the birth place of the hospital close to where we live. I've had more than four contractions in less than an hour while I was lying on the sofa that very night... relaxing after a post Valentine Italian dinner and a trip to the grocery. Each contraction was getting closer, from fifteen minutes down to eleven then to eight minutes, lasting from about a minute to three minutes and the tightening was intense. Although it's really nothing like the worst menstrual cramp I have ever had, it surely felt different.

When I called my OB she asked me to go straight to the hospital to stop it. What do you know, when I was strapped on to the monitor my contractions were already three minutes apart!!! Good thing my cervix has not dilated yet! But it was about to because according to the nurse, it has soften and about ready to... she tried to push back the baby's head which was obviously engaged down there getting ready for the major show! NOOOOOOOO! It's still too early...

I was given two shots of terbutalyn to stop the contractions. It gave me palpitations and it felt I was catching my breath every time... that was the side effect. The good thing was the contractions were gone. I was sent home after being in the triage for five hours. My little boy was asleep, oh poor thing. We had to drag him out at three in the morning to go back home...

Now, I'm home not entirely bed bound but mostly comfortable. I cannot be standing too much. Whenever I feel tightening and a bit of cramping, I'd go lie down on my left side and try to relax. The chores are taken care of. I am grateful that my husband agreed to hire a househelp! Otherwise, I'd be crazy and tired and crazy!

Oh well, here's to four more weeks and I should be fine! Oh baby, hang in there! =)

3 comments:

Lynette February 18, 2010 at 5:35 AM  

you have quite an adventure! =)

Liza February 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

Oh no! That was really scary! Hope things are OK now. Hang in there!

Liza February 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

Tiris! Why man gi-delete nimo ang next post? I LOVE that photo! I-publish balik beh?! :-)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP